Follow me on instagram @chloewise / Twitter @wiseowlpr / wordpress @wiseowlpr / Pinterest @wiseowlpr

12/01/2013

Makeup regime

I originally wrote this post for the new Big Eyes Little Soles: Girls Only! page mentioned in my previous post, but thought I would also post it here to for you all to have a read of.

My makeup regime is really simple as I'm pretty lazy when it comes to applying makeup. However, the skin on my cheeks is quite scarred and even thought my regime is simple, it covers the areas of my skin i'm most insecure about whilst being time-effective and not feeling or looking too heavy.

photo-15

- Before applying any makeup, I start off by making sure my face is clean using Philosophy's 'Purity' facial cleanser which is really great for sensitive skin and leaves my skin feeling really soft and fresh. 

 - I then moisturise using Vichy's smoothing and illuminating cream for normal to combination skin. I initially tried this when I got a sample of it in a past Glossy Box, and it is one of the only moisturisers I have ever used that acts as a good base for my make up & doesn't make my face oily (And it smells AMAZING!) 

 - If I could give anyone any makeup advice it would be to invest in a BB cream. I use Maybelline's 'Dream Fresh' BB cream which has a low price point in comparison to many others, but really works for me. It helps my foundation to last longer throughout the day and helps to create a glow to my skin without looking oily or shiny. 

 - I then apply a thin layer of Mac Studio Fix liquid foundation with a foundation brush for extra coverage in order to help disguise the scarring on my cheeks as i mentioned earlier. I've worn this foundation for years, it gives great coverage whilst still allowing the skin to breath, and the colour matches my skin perfectly. 

 -I slightly colour my eyebrows using the Rimmel Professional eyebrow pencil in black. A good tip to help achieve natural looking eyebrows is to just use the pencil on the inner of the eyebrow (nearest the nose) and then use the brush to blend the pencil along the rest of the eyebrow whilst shaping. I also use a separate brush from the one that comes with the Rimmel eyebrow pencil, as the brush is stiffer so I can shape my eyebrows easier with it. 

 - I often switch between mascaras, however the one currently in my makeup bag is Miss Sporty 'Pump Up Lash Mascara Booster' which is really inexpensive but incredible. I don't wear mascara all that often, and if I do it's a thin layer, but this mascara gives great volume and lasts all day. 

 - I rarely wear blusher, usually only applying it if I'm going on a night out or out for dinner etc. The blusher I use is a Ted Baker blusher, just because the colour suits my skin tone. Sometimes I will use the NYC colour wheel seen in the photo, just depends how i'm feeling on the day! 

 - Last but definitely not least is Palmer's Moisturising Lip Balm. I recommend this lip balm to everyone, it saves my lips every winter and has been a staple item in my makeup bag for many years. It's really moisturising but your lips don't become dependent on it like other balms, and it tastes good too!


Let me know if you have any tips to help improve my makeup regime by tweeting me @WiseowlPR

No comments:

Post a Comment