Follow me on instagram @chloewise / Twitter @wiseowlpr / wordpress @wiseowlpr / Pinterest @wiseowlpr

20/02/2013

Red's True Barbecue

Last week I finally got round to going to Red's True Barbecue in Leeds, which is shameful considering all of the amazing things I've heard about the restaurant, and the fact it's around a minutes walk from my flat! 

The restaurant is an Americanised barbecue heaven and it's totally unique within Leeds. It is a bit of a 'hype' restaurant so initially I was sceptical over whether the food would live up to the reputation, however I've lived in Leeds for 3 years and I can 100% say that it is the best dining experience I've had here.



I opted for the pulled pork plate, which included a dish of pulled pork and coleslaw along with chips and a side of my choice. For my side I chose the mac'n'cheese which was SUCH a good choice. I can not sing it's praises enough, I'll even go as far as saying it's better than Bodean's.



My Dad had the 'Texas Beef Brisket' which he basically breathed in he ate it so quickly! I tried a bit and the beef was really succulent and flavoursome, and usually I don't enjoy beef at all. He also got a side of chips and his side of choice were gigantic onion rings, again - amazing!! 


Lizzie had the Smoked Chicken Hoagie which tasted wonderful, the BBQ sauce was quite sweet and the chicken was cooked to perfection. I wasn't a huge fan of the hoagie bun, but only because it was too filling for me! 


All in all, I have to give the food a 5/5 - it was exactly my kind of food and it tasted much better than I expected!

You can follow Red's True Barbecue on Twitter.
Or head over to their website www.truebarbecue.com to take a look at the menu. 








No comments:

Post a Comment